Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The camera's are back

Over the last couple weeks I had been deprived of and separated from both my camera bodies. Today the second of the two came back and I am looking forward to playing with them again. Of the two camera's the 5D has been my primary tool the last couple years with the 10D somewhat relegated to the shelf. But no more. Having undergone a serious change of heart or guts in this case... not me the camera... the 10D is back on the front line. 

While the 5D went in for a routine checkup... well not exactly routine... I might have got is a bit too wet trying to shoot the lightning storm in the rain and it just may have had some problems turning on... but none the less it went in the people at Canon did their thing and its back turning back on and good to go. The 10D on the other-hand went to a entirely different location where they took it apart and replaced the filter that is in front of the sensor with a very special piece of glass. The company is called LifePixel and the camera not exclusively shoots infrared. Cool!

In the past when I have played with this medium is was with film that needed to be loaded in the dark, then you had to have a tripod and lock focus and screw on a filter and long story short... wait there was no short story it was a long story every-time and for the most part other than the couple rolls I shot as part of the extended photography curriculum that was the last of it.

Today I went out and shot hand held as if it was just another camera switching the iso as needed, looking through the viewfinder and not having an opaque piece of glass blocking the view and getting instant gratification knowing that I got the shot. Well not that I did any shooting worth keeping... it was mostly the grass to figure out how to set the correct white balance and shots of plants in the garden to see what they look like.

But now armed with both these camera bodies I am back in the game and looking forward to more creative shooting... 

No comments:

Post a Comment