Monday, February 18, 2008

Sunny Sunday

Today was one of those days that most if not all Western Washingtonians keep secret from the rest of the world. So if the rest of the world reads this it was a very rainy and gloomy day. You don't want to come here. 

I think someone else may have said this before I did because I was out and did not see too many people. Which was fine by me... sometimes its good to get away. I drove over to the Olympic peninsular and found a new spot to go fishing. Its up on the Dungeness river and the water was running about 150 cfs. It was clear and low enough to wade and wade I did. I am still getting the hang of things but for the most part I can place a fly in the general vicinity of where I want it to go as long as its not too long a cast. But I guess that comes with practice and practice I do intend to get. And as I am living in the northwest and pretty much on the water or as close to it as possible and not be in a boat I think most of my practice is going to be with a fly on the end of my line and not in a grassy field. 

Well thats the story for the weekend... another week dawn and I better get some shut eye before the dawn does come.

No comments:

Post a Comment