Saturday, February 23, 2008

Dead beaver on the beach

It was a truly beautiful day today and I took the opportunity to walk along the beach. Under one of the logs that have been washed up on the beach was a dead beaver. From the looks of it it appeared to be a adult female and not too ling deceased. There was no smell and the body had not bloated up as it would have had it been there for long. It might have also been the case that as the water of the sound is cold it was kept cold enough to not have it decompose. 

I am of half a mind to retrieve it and have it stuffed however as camp does not have a budget for such activities I am not sure how long I will have to store it before anything happens. Also being as it is going to be there all night I am not sure if it will even be there in the morning. Oh well we will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment