Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Boggle and more

To bring a change of pace is good in life. To get away, to retreat and get to know people that you talk to weekly on the phone and whose voice you know from a year of contact yet have never met. Right now I am sitting in a cabin at Camp Orkila in the San Juans. I hear the dripping in the bathroom that sounds like birds chirping as the welcome the day... although I think it is more of a mundane phenomenon like the resonance of water hitting the ceramic. Its amazing how often the little things in life are often overlooked. To some that leaky toilet may seem like an annoying sound. A problem that needs to be fixed, and in the sprit of conserving water and managing resources wisely I will take a shot at it before retiring for the night. 

So what am I doing up here in the island many miles from my own bed, curiously enough this to some extent is a mandatory retreat... which sounds worse off that it is. No arms are being twisted just highly encouraged. However, the concepts when looked at in a light way is a forced running away, retreating from what I am not sure but from what has been happening for the last several hours it is more of a running to than away from. So I guess its more of a staff advance than a staff retreat.

None the less, during the time here the game of boggle has been a point of focus among several of my colleagues. I have seen strategies and tips and trick that only true boggle players know or understand... in my case all I have to say is thank you for whoever invented the concept of spell check. But boggle may not be the entire focus of entertainment as a new day dawns and the many mysteries are brought forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment