Thursday, August 28, 2008

Expenses and more

Well at this point both my cameras are in the shop getting the once over. I am not sure if they are going to be back by the time I head east... I am keeping my fingers crossed about that. However it is good to know that at least they are getting fixed and I will have them back in 7 to 10 days... at least thats what the website says. 

I was planning on going to the demolition derby this evening... well the original plan was to go to it to shoot the derby however since the cameras are in the shop I was thinking well I might go as a general observer/participant and mingle with the crowd. Not have to worry about lugging around 20 lbs of camera equipment. Maybe get a hotdog... and then I found out that the tickets were all sold out so I did the next best thing which was to go over to the local lake and listen to the nomination speech of Obama on the radio. 

I have been reading up and also watching youtube videos of pro photographers and have come to the realization that I need to be more active with my own photographic path. Not that I see myself becoming a pro but in the sense that many of the things I see them doing I feel I could in my own way duplicate and this will also get me out of this rut of inactivity that I seemed to have fallen into. I think for starters I need to finish the pulse jet project this week. I have been slow getting it finished just because of the crazy sleep pattern that I have been having... which also means that I should try to go to sleep early tonight so that I can get up earlier than I have been. 

So I guess the start of that process is to put down the computer for a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment