Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jet engine

I am in the midst of putting together a pulse jet engine. So far it has been a interesting project and I am also the proud owner of some welding equipment... one can say it fuels my pyro side. The main combustion chamber is built out of the bottom of a small fire extinguisher that was salvaged from the scrap yard. 

On the topic of the scrap yard, well that is a very cool place with all kinds of neat things. The old adage says, one mans trash is a another mans treasure and when its in a place that lets you browse around makes it almost like a supermarket for treasure. Its definitely not going to be the last time I will find my self over there. 

On a completely different thought, for some reason I get the feeling that electronics seem to be on the fritz. Today for most of the day at least the cellphone network was either down or something was going on because I could not get a call through... not even to customer service. Even some webpages that I have been frequenting have been acting up.

But the jet engine is coming along and it gives me something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment