Monday, March 30, 2009

Back in the Northwest

Well after a week in the warmness that is Florida I am back in the Pacific Northwest. The final leg of my journey was very interesting as I looked out through the window of the train and watched the mighty Columbia River roll by and the green grass along its sides I felt a sense of coming home that was surreal. Even with the warm tropical weather just behind me yet still fresh on my mind I was drawn to the wet, overcast grey. Something that I have learned to love here is the liquid quality the light takes. The evenings are also long as the twilight lingers in the sky as if to hold on to the last remnants of the day unwilling to succumb to the night.

But back I am. I do miss the ability to walk with slippers on the sand and as the wind blows and fingers of cold breeze find their way down my jacket I find my self thinking of the warm days that are just behind me. But is it Spring, and with it I look forward to longer days, warmer weather and general happiness... 

No comments:

Post a Comment