Sunday, October 12, 2008

New Technology going "Huh?"....

While browsing through the piles of information jumping from link to link, I came across an article in the online New York times that caught my attention. I new type of silicone coating that may have wide influence and impact on many different areas of science and industry. 


What most intrigued me about this piece not so much the effect it may have on the photographic industry with a more sensitive sensor or one that can detect IR radiation to a new level which would make my new found interest in IR photography go to a new level..... but what got me it the statement, "In science, the most exciting expression isn’t ‘Eureka!’ It’s ‘Huh?’” said Michael Hawley. And I guess this is true for most areas that we are newly delving into. The chance of a "Eureka" only comes after someone goes "Huh?" and then despite the "Huh?" decides to keep going and figure it out. So I guess going "Huh?" is not a bad way to start off...

No comments:

Post a Comment