Sunday, March 2, 2008

Fishing holes and friends

Today started out like a typical spring day, sunny and nice. Although I am not sure if it is officially spring. The day was started with a drive to a fishing hole that I recently discovered, although I am sure I am not the first to do so. The water in the sound and in this bay were unusually clear, for a moment I was transported to the South Pacific and the emerald waters. I did not fish here today however I will be soon going back there. But I did see an otter catch a fish and have it for breakfast. 

So far my fishing forays have been of the solo kind. During these jaunts I have met others who are of the same persuasion. And over time I am getting to know a few of them. Having been in the state or at least in this neck of the woods for over two years I can't say I know too many others that have the same interests as myself. Breaking into this fishing community has been slow but I think that it will be good to know others in the area who share the same passion for the great outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment